I always find January can be a hard month, we are all motivated at the beginning with so many hopes for the new year, so many things we want to do or changes we want to make and then slowly that motivation starts to disappear.
The cold dreary days aren’t helping the situation either.
But what we need to remember is that we are the ones with control over our lives. Make 2018 your year. The year you finally do something because its what YOU want to do. It is too easy to get stuck in a rut.
Here are a few thins you can do to keep that motivation going;
- It sounds so simple but if you actually write down your goals for this year there is more of a chance of you following through. People that write their goals down have a greater chance of accomplishing them. Make your own plan on how to do this. “When you don’t have a plan, you don’t know how you will reach your destination.” If they are written down you will see them all the time so they will be fresh in your head and less chance of you just brushing over them. You are in charge of getting where you want to go. Don’t let this whole “what would the neighbours think” hold you back. People are going to talk, give them something to talk about!
- Being organised actually really helps to stay motivated. If eating healthy is something you want to do but when you get home from work and you’re tired and just want something quick, meal planning will save your life. My sister is the master of meal planning, she’s so organised it’s scary. But it makes day to day life easier on you. If you are making dinner why don’t you make extra so you have tomorrows sorted?
- Getting up early also helps. I am 100% not a morning person. You’d think I would be used to it with an almost 5 year old but no. Mornings kill me. But I got up early today and had the dog walked, the house cleaned, dinner sorted for two days, the washing machine on and the fire lit all before half 11. (and yes my life is pretty boring!) But I felt so much better by doing it.
- Setting out what clothes you are going to wear for the next day saves a lot of hassle in the mornings and less rooting around so less mess. Also because the mornings are so cold if you have your clothes left out you won’t mind as much getting out of your nice warm bed because you know what you’re putting on.
- Take time for you. Life is so busy. With college, work, kids whatever is in your life. Sometimes you just need to stand back and have some time to yourself. Even if that’s just going to bed with a book or taking a long bath (with a glass of wine of course). I don’t think we take enough time for ourselves. You will lose all motivation if you wear yourself out. You should celebrate when you achieve a goal. Reward yourself. Reward is a massive part of motivation!
- Stop worrying about things you can’t change. Im a worrier, I have been told I would worry about worrying. So this is something that I am trying to do too. Worrying is physically draining and the kind of negativity you don’t need in your life. Positive thinking is the way to go.
So here are some of my goals so you can all hold me to them!
I hope to write on here as much as I can because it is something I enjoy doing. I hope to go to Dubai this year because I want to travel as much as I can and because I have friends there now and they are killing me with all the beautiful pictures. I want to bring Daniel on a holiday (not Dubai because I think that would be way to hot for him) but he really wants to go on a plane to a beach. I want to stop worrying so much because like I said, it is draining and unnecessary negativity. I would like to eat healthier. I am not really concerned with losing weight just want to be healthier in general because I have been known to have half a box of Pringles for breakfast.
Hope all of you make the most of this year. You’ve got this!